Enhanced English Teacher

A blog about using technology in an English classroom

Reflections Regarding Student Writing

May 13, 2009 by Tara Seale · 1 Comment · English Resources, Mythology, Poetry, Romeo and Juliet, To Kill a Mockingbird, writing

My district asked that all English teachers turn in writing samples and the prompts that we used in our classrooms.  I decided to create a portfolio binder and write a reflection of how the year went.

I teach regular 9th grade English students.  If you are interested in reading my reflections, click this link:

reflections-regarding-student-writing-and-prompts11

At the end of my reflection, I listed my classroom websites.  Most of the prompts I discussed and the student writing samples can be found online at those websites.

Tags: ··

One Comment so far ↓

• James Watson

I looked up your blog after reading about you in the NEA magazine. I like the Verona Lifestyle. I would like to creat this for my students for Romeo and Juliet; Julius Ceasar; and To Kill a Mockingbird. How much does is cost to set up the group? What steps do I follow to create the group (or who do I contact)? Did you send out permission slips to parents to let them know about the project? You have some really great ideas and I really want to implement the technology into the classroom. I look forward to reading your blogs and learning through your experiences.

James Watson