Enhanced English Teacher

A blog about using technology in an English classroom

Using a Livescribe Pulse Pen in the Classroom

September 25, 2009 by Tara Seale · 1 Comment · 21st Century Literacy, English Resources, Technology Resources, YouTube

I created the video below to post on Ken Royal’s website The Educator’s Royal Treatment.  My daughter and two of her friends graciously offered to try out the Livescribe Pulse Pen and even complete an assignment for me.  Please view the video below to see what they said about using a pulse pen in the classroom.  I have also posted  a How to Use a Livescribe Pulse Pen pencast as well. I am just beginning to see the power of using the pulse pen the classroom, even if I only have one.  I will continue to write about my pulse pen ideas at The Educator’s Royal Treatment, and I hope I will be able to obtain a class set of pulse pens to use with my students in the future.

One Comment so far ↓

• Kal

Hi there,

I’m glad you find the Pulse smartpen as useful as I do! I’m a Bioengineering student at UC Berkeley and use it for just about all my classes. The fact that I can re-visit lectures when studying for midterms and finals is amazing! Just tapping on my notes streamlines the process so much!

Kal

PS I used the discount code: LS05DSC451 when I bought my pen at http://www.livescribe.com. I hope this helps anyone you know who’s trying to buy one!